Monday, February 1, 2016

Little Tokyo Afternoon

It was a quiet Sunday in December and I met up with a friend for lunch. It doesn't look like much but this turns out to be a really interesting place. This is as Japanese as it gets. If I wanted any more I'd have to go to Japan. I also had great desserts and coffee later in the afternoon too.

Little Tokyo
Little Tokyo. Hidden near where Chino Roces avenue and Amorsolo street meet in Makati is this little haven for folks who like Japanese food. Only signs that point one to the place are a couple of gates like the one seen here. This gate lies along Chino Roces avenue. One may want to leave vehicles behind when visiting as finding a parking spot in the area is quite a challenge.


Vivid Colors
Vivid Colors. I've always been a fan of well applied vivid colors. In this case it works really nicely.


Tables Outside
Tables Outside. This area is an open space surrounded by several restaurants. Folks have the option to eat indoors or dine outside.


The Courtyard
The Courtyard. Outside diners aren't short changed though. There's a decent roof and nice lanterns that light the area at night. Of course, it just feels relatively warmer.


Meow Neko
Meow Neko. This cutesy cat wanders around the courtyard before it opens to the public. While this one is cute, I'm still a dog person though.


Oishinbo
Oishinbo. The roof, the lanterns, the curtains and sliding doors. This looks like one of the most Japanese places I've ever eaten in.


Lanterns Up Close
Lanterns Up Close. Closer looks shows that the lanterns are sponsored. Asahi is a beer brand. I haven't had the chance to try it yet though.


Christmas Decors
Christmas Decors. The alley going to the place is adorned by Christmas decorations like this one. It's December after all. It kinda deviates from the theme a bit though.


No, I didn't take pictures of the food. If you want to see how Japanese it is, you'd have to visit the place. After that desserts came next. To make up for missing out the pictures of the Japanese goodies, here's a picture of what the desserts looked like. 


Brownies! Among Other Things...
Brownies! Among Other Things... Yes I had some sweets. All four of them. I remember one of them is a brownie, another is a revel bar, another one was a "food for the gods", and... I think the last one was a chocolate cake.


Spacious Room
Spacious Room. Naturally lighted, with high ceiling, not too densely packed... It's a lovely place to be when one wants some quiet time.


On The Shelf
On The Shelf. A variety of mugs, teas, and coffee rest on the shelf for anyone to touch and hold. Remember though, if you break it, consider it sold.


My Hat
My Hat. I'm not a huge fan of baseball caps. I'd prefer other head wear. Usually fedoras, but a driver's cap, which I feel is less formal than fedoras, is still a notch above the usual baseball cap. If you see a big guy wielding a camera with a trilby or a hat like this, that's probably yours truly.


Overall this was a lovely and relaxing afternoon. I hope to enjoy it again soon. There were others there that I haven't visited yet.
 
Up next, my first big adventure for 2016. It will take a while to post them all. Until then, have the time to spare to get lost and wander.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Ads Inside Post